Local Surge Media is an Austin-based digital marketing agency working with both local and national clients. We serve as their external digital marketing department, spearheading all of their online efforts. Our clients span a wide range of industries, and the projects we complete for them are just as varied. We do everything from SEO to website design to email marketing campaigns to social media as part of their overall digital strategy.
About the Position
We are a boutique digital marketing firm that manages online content for companies in several different fields, and we are currently in need of a freelance writer! We are looking for a writer who can adapt and create innovative copy for different clients, with firm deadlines. Most importantly, you must love writing and be willing to take on the challenge of turning some potentially mundane topics into fresh, engaging content. Your main requirements will be several (anywhere from 2-5 usually) 500 word posts per month, with topics and article titles that are already optimized for web search. This gives you a fair amount of creative freedom to give these FAQs and sometimes dry topics into immersive copy. We strive to let our writers have flexibility, and with this remote position you’ll be able to work from home (or anywhere with WiFi for that matter!).
- Be able to write content in a concise, yet punchy manner to make sales and keep readers interested
- Consistently create grammatically correct and easy to read content for provided topics
- Be able to adhere to deadlines set for articles and copy
- Be detail oriented, able to self-edit and confident in your work.
Desired Skills & Values:
- SEO writing experience: Keywords, internal linking
- Experience in writing for different fields (range of voice and ability)
- Timely communication skills
- Ability to figure out problems on your own, and know when to ask for help
- Be hard working and take pride in your work
Once we have reviewed your application and decided to proceed, you’ll be provided with full training for our content management and development program. We use a shared platform so that the writer, client, and content manager can all stay (literally) on the same page. Once you’ve completed the tutorials and supplementary materials for learning to write for SEO optimized copy, you’ll most likely be put on a one-month trial period, in which you’ll be able to ask questions and get better acquainted with the process.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please apply online and include your writing sample and rate per word/article.